Monday, October 29, 2007

A three day train journey approaches....

On Wednesday, Tom and I are going to hop on a train that takes us 2590km south to Kerala, a lush tropical part of India and the absolute opposite of what we've been living the last two weeks.

Rather than looking out on a steep hillside covered with cloud, we'll be seeing fishermen on vast waterways casting their nets to catch small fish.

Rather than the Himalayas, there will be coconut trees.

Rather than warm jackets, bikinis will be the order of the day. (Tom included - he loves to wear a bikini!) he hee!

The problem is that we'll take three days and three nights to get there. That is one long bugger of a train ride. Therefore we've sat in an internet cafe most of the afternoon trying to upload movies on to Tom's playstation portable (yes, the new age of travel) so that we wont die of boredom.

And thankfully, we have a set of cards, several computer games, and good books to read. It's still gonna be boring though.

I'm looking forward, now, to some warmer weather (yes, I know I was whingeing two weeks ago about the heat)! For a holiday to be complete, I have to have a tan. A good enough tan to visibly see my bikini strap marks. I know.... not very sun safe of me! But after two weeks of solid cloud around my head, some sun, beers, and cocounut trees will be just what the doctor ordered.

And therefore, another 5 days or so til we post again. Hope you're all happy and well. Love you

Kx

3 comments:

Leigh & Belinda said...

Good luck for your journey!

I sure would be investing in 3 days worth of some VERY, non fibrous snacks to avoid those stinky toilets ;o) hhmmm no liquids either!

Have fun
Binna

Jess said...

Errrrr...trying desperately to not picture my brother in a bikini...yuk...

Great news guys; that warmer climate will be welcome on sore legs and pale skin, huh?! I'm going to have to St.Tropez it up in April while you guys will have the real thing, you lucky buggers!

Ok, news from this end: Francis' birthday was GREAT; Blue is having Hydrotherapy; I'm trying on wedding gowns for the first time this arvo; Mum has Nonnie back; um, not much else really, Ellie's in season, um, that's it I think.

Love from us all xxx

Unknown said...

Well guys sounds like the lovely water, cocconut trees and beer will be just the ticket! I tell you after all of that damn treking you surely deserve to relax!!!! Good luck on the stinky train, hope it goes as quickly as possible for you and safely of course.

Lovee to you both, Kylie and James xxxx