Wednesday, October 3, 2007

OH MY GOD!






I CANNOT UPLOAD PHOTOS AND ITS ANNOYING ME!!!

I'm really really trying blog readers but the holy grail is eluding me. Will keep trying whilst i write.

Things here couldn't be better. Tom and I have just had a wonderful day exploring the buzzing metropolis of Jodhpur in Rajasthan and have had a marvellous day. I don't know what's come over me but since we've been in india, i can't seem to wake up early, so when we woke (at 11am) after a beautiful, cool nights sleep, we ventured out into the midday sun (scorching) to catch a breakky of samosas in a local street cart before exploring the old city and seeing the sights around there. Cashless, we decided to find an ATM to get some rupees, but found that, after visiting 5 and finding no money in ANY of them, that Jodhpur seems to be running on smiles rather than dollars. We finally found one and visited the fort soaring 175m above the city, where we were baked in the sun whilst trying to get a perfect pic of the Blue City, which Jodhpur is famous for. It really is enchanting.

We then walked down the mountain (along a steep, slippery path) and were invited into a fellows house, and cajoled into gettnig our hands hennaed (that lovely orange stain that Indian women get put on their hands before getting married). We were promised that, once completed and our hands put together palm to palm, that our lives together would be blessed with happiness, a good home, a wonderful career, many babies, and a long life. Not bad for less than $10!

We ventured back to the old city and tried (in vain) to get another couple of indian tops for me, as i feel fairly exposed in my western gear. No luck, unfortunately. And they probably don't deserve my trade actually, because when they see me, they immediately cry "Big size for you madam!". F-ers.

One bad experience today, whilst surrounded by loevly, squealing indian children, wanting a piece of the westerner with blond hair, a man in their midst groped my bum. I certainly put him in his place by shouting at the TOP of my voice, "DO NOT TOUCH ME, DO NOT EVER TOUCH ME". He claimed he didn't but I saw his hand leaving my buttocks so have fairly good evidence. He skulked away quick smart. Not too bad though. Ready for the next bad man who thinks he can have a piece of me.

Have had a lovely veg curry tonight (have only eaten meat once or twice the entire trip) and sat on the rooftop watching the fort fade in the sunset. The lights aren't working to illuminate it, but it was amazing nonetheless.

A big happy birthday to Aunty Pam also. Hope she had a lovely day.

Tomorrow, Jaipur, the Rajasthani capital. 2.3 million indians and some lovely sights to see. Can't wait.

Kisses and hugs to everyone. Kris, what's happening?

Love you
kx

PS - I think I've got some photos working - in no order here they are:

Me with a bindi blessing after attending a Hindu temple with MC in Bikaner
Tom and MC in Bikaner
Tom on the roof of our hotel in Jaisalmer
TOm with Renu and Anil at the very fancy golf club in Delhi
The rat temple, Kani Mata

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Kaz I am cracking up after reading this post! You funny bugger. Glad you gave that little pervy indian man what for! Love the pics as well! Keep doing what your doing, love hearing all about it. Be safe. Love you both.

Kylie & James x

Nat Ryan said...

Hey Kazzie & Tommy,

That's our Kaz! I'm proud of ya honey! It sounds like you guys are having an absolute ball.
Sorry I have been reading your blogs but only signed up to comment just now. I am counting down the days until I am in Thailand. I will email you to tell you my plans.
Love you both heaps, loads and stacks. xx