Thursday, August 9, 2007

Breaking news.......



At 2.05pm Thursday 9th August on Corndon Tor on Dartmoor, one Thomas James Sanders (27) got down on one knee and proposed to Karen Maree Lewis, also 27. After much preparation and deliberation, Tom's hard work finally paid off with a resounding 'Yes' from Karen. The sun was shining, the birds were singing and the world spun on it's axis as per usual, however, their worlds just took on a wonderful new hue.


So there you have it. They are both off the market. Many will mourn.


Ha ha ha hah ha! Unbelievable! What an incredible day. Sorry it's taken a while to post this on the blog but you'd be surprised how difficult it is to get in touch with my family when we're overseas! But when i did speak to them, they were all very happy to hear our wonderful news.

To those of you who have called... thanks for your good wishes. For those of you that might want to get in touch, our mobile over here is 07985 491 226 (to call from Oz, 0011 44 7985 491 226). Sorry that i haven't called everyone individually but we've already spent a fortune on phone calls.

Love to you all. Hope all is as well in your lives as it is in ours.


9 comments:

Kris said...

WHOLEY SHIT!!!
Congratulations Kaz and Tom. Engaged! I acnt believe it, well, I can but...WOW. so good. Just got your message. Thank you so much. Talk soon. Love yas. Very happy...Brother-in-law!!!
Kris

Marie said...

Terrific news, congratulations Kaz and Tom. Tom you have done a great designing job. Welcome to the family. We are very very happy for you both.

sandy said...

well.....not surprised but hugely pleased and happy at your news! You make a great couple and somehow seem to compliment each other. I have seen you take such care of each other over the last 2 years and know the future is bright for you both! We just wish we could be with you tonight to give you both a HUGE hug. We will toast your health tomorrow from down under in wintery NZ. Look forward to seeing you both in a couple of weeks. love you both,

The Working Bohemian said...

Wow, who knew Tom could be so romantic and organised! Congratulations guys, can't wait to see you in a few weeks.

Foo said...

You big GAY. man, a pom in the family! GREAT!!!

Congratulations guys, well done. Being one of the only ones to know before the big day, i was honoured. Man i was hard to keep it from Sharna! Ha ha ha.

I'll buy ya both a Cider in just a few weeks to celebrate WHEN I'M THERE! yay!

Unknown said...

Guys James and I are sooooo happy and excited for you both. We knew it was just a matter of time, what an amazing way to start your travels together. Take it from me, this is an AMAZING time of your lives. Enjoy and cherish every moment. It really is the beginning of a new and wonderful chapter. Alll our love, Kylie and James xxxx

Cath Oelrichs said...

Congratulations you too! How exciting...and I am so impressed with the ring design and doing it yourself! So creative and special and like no other...and Kaz, it is so you, the silver and simplicity. I love the photo with the dogs! I am not surprised this has happened...your love for one another has always been so obviously strong and wonderful...I am so happy for you both...enjoy this time...cath xoxo

Sharna said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am so so so soooooo happy for you guys so wish I could give you both the BIGGEST hug and have a celebrative drink with you - so I will make sure I pass it on with Foo for now until I see you again and I am sure he will manage for the both of us especially with the drinking part :) To me I thought it was only days before the big stud asked you to marry him because I have never known two such wonderful people who just compliment each other in every way. Also huge merits Tom for designing and planning such a gorgeous ring!!! Congrats again and I wish you two all the happiness in the world. Lots of Love Sharnaxxx

YertleTurtle said...

Congratulations Karen and Tom (aka Superman)!!

I was wondering when it was going to happen! I envisaged a dramatic proposal involving hiking boots, blisters and yaks, but that sounds a million times more romantic lol

I am hereby inviting myself to the wedding! (every wedding needs a few former work colleagues bumbling about awkwardly, i think) :D

Congratulations again. Yay!!