Thursday, August 23, 2007

Best things... continued


Hi all

Another list of good things about the UK:



  • Beers by the side of the River Dart and freezing cold water on my feet

  • Greenacres - Tom's childhood home

  • The smell of burning wood - doesn't smell like eucalypt like in Australia

  • Blackberries that grow at the side of the road by the thousands!

  • Tom and I making a blackberry pie with butter flour sugar and milk and blackberries - simplicity itself

  • The smell of hedgerow after being cut with the slasher

  • Badgers (for a laugh go to http://www.badgerbadgerbadger.com/)

  • Stella artois beer in PINT cans

  • The fact that tourists around these parts are referred to as Grockles

  • Getting cards in the mail from Tom's grandmother welcoming me to the family (how nice is that!?)

  • Reading my India lonely planet on the lawn in the sun and dreaming dreaming.....

  • Long evenings

It's 4.36pm on Thursday afternoon and i'm just about to head to Becky's pool near Spitchwick (pictured) in Dartmoor for beers and swimming. I'm going to stay in for more than a millisecond today! Brave old me!


To all of you reading, send out a good wishes vibe for my lovely beautiful and affectionate nan, Doris May Barnes, who is in hospital ill at the moment. I love her very very much and want only for her to be well and happy in her life.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi guys,
sorry it took me so long... I only started to read your blog today :s

Congratulations, happy birthdays and all best wishes for everything I missed so far. I am glad to hear that you are happy, that is what matters at the end of the day ;) And I soooo agree with you about the McVities chocolate digestive biscuits!!

Loads of love from sunny Brissy