Monday, July 13, 2009

A Bungalow on a Beach in Koh Pha Ngan


A pic of a pig and a dog, playing on the beach in Koh Pha Ngan - they're mates really!


Well, we were going to stay on Koh Samui for a while, but it wasn’t really our scene, so we decided to come back to our old favourite, Coral Bay. And Coral Bay has a rare accolade – it’s the only place we can think of that we’ve returned to stay a second time. And it is not disappointing!

Unfortunately, the weather is not too good, but that doesn’t stop us from having a lovely time. It rained a few times today, and the wind has been howling, but we have a lovely restaurant here on site, and a balcony with a hammock, so we’re all set! And despite the threatening clouds, today we hired a scooter and bombed around the island to explore, my arms tightly locked around Tom’s waist, the wind in my hair. Because it’s the low season here, there is little traffic, and the only thing we concern ourselves with on the road are stray dogs, stopping to scratch themselves on the tarmac. A toot of our horn warns them of our approach, yet they usually don’t move, so engrossed are they in getting that elusive spot behind the ear.

Thailand in the low season is curious, but peaceful. Everyone seems a little more mellow than when we were last here, and I’m even less cranky, not having to deal with idiot tourists farting about the place and getting in my way. I consider myself a thoughtful traveller, and try as much as possible not to put anyone out too much, and when I see morons doing the opposite it makes me cranky. But who am I to complain?

Anyway, the tan is still coming along nicely – despite the clouds, my skin is turning ever browner!

Nothing more to report – except that Tom has man flu and is a bit fractious, but he’ll be ok shortly.

No comments: