Saturday, December 1, 2007

Ko Chang


Well, here we are in the lovely island paradise of Ko Chang. And it's amazing.

We spent two days in Bangkok before realising that we needed to get away to the islands, so we hopped on a bus (buses here are incredibly efficient and confortable) over to the Trat province, where we stayed last night before getting up this morning and heading here, to Ko Chang.

It's bloody LUSH!

We caught a big ol' ferry across and have arrived today to a beautiful clear sky, white sand beaches and a lovely lunch of Tom Yum soup and Pad Thai noodles. In a couple of hours, we plan to have beers on a platform in the coconut palms, overlooking the sun setting over the ocean in front of us. And we plan to enjoy it.

Thailand has been getting better and better. Whilst it's a bit more expensive than India, it's still very cheap (we stayed in a cool place last night for $4 a night!) And there is one small blip on my happiness... I bunged my back this morning lugging my backpack onto my back. I'm going to throw some stuff out. I will do this! So poor old Tom has been carrying mine and his all morning.... he's a lovely chap!

Anyway, things here are good. I really like Thailand and if you haven't been, I recommend coming for a visit.

Take it easy folks.

Kxx

2 comments:

Kris said...

SWADEE KUP. hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrry for thailand......the land of love, smiles, easy good times and cheap fun. so so so happy you made it to thailand. how awesome is it. never made it to koh chang but heard it was great and similar to koh pang ngan. cheap , beautiful and easy. so wish i was there with you. if you need anything, please email me. cant stop ! smiling thinking of beautiful thailand. singa beer, pad thai, bungalows and hammocks, and water. love yous. kris.
p.s. mum arrived here in HK last night. had a nice day with her today. good to see here. have fun.!!

Nat Ryan said...

Yay! Not long now until I arrive. I hope you can make it to Phi Phi over New Year so we can meet up!! xx