Sunday, September 16, 2007

Party

Last evening there were in excess of 20 people in the house (family and friends) who were there to celebrate Tom's birthday. Was a lovely evening of lots of food, lots of booze, happy times with the friends and family of Tom and his folks. A surprise visit from Francis's nephew George and his girlfriend, Alice, who are in the process of riding bikes from Lands End (the far south of the UK) to John O Groats (the far north)! Amazing! They've done 500 miles so far!

The party was excellent and even more excellent was that Foo and his mate Nathan (and his mate Michelle) were there to share it with Tom. Unfortunately, Foo and Nathan were mega jet lagged and i had a migraine. BUGGER! But these things happen and today i'm fighting fit and happy to be rid of this headache. I don't know whether any of you ever get them, but migraines are horrible - the only thing to do is to take pills and get out of the light into a darkened quiet room. This was difficult to find last night and i REALLY didn't want to have this damn headache. I wanted to be able to party with all of Tom's buddies. It really stinks to have to go to bed when you don't want to!

So it's Sunday night now and only 4 days til we get on the plane for Delhi. I'm not sure whether I'll post here again before we arrive in India so I'm hoping you guys are all well and happy in Oz (or in the UK or Hong Kong!). I'm excited. I'm holding my breath. I'm so ready to get on the road with Tom.

And I'm going to be really sad to say goodbye to my engagement ring for the next 6 months. Boo hoo! Jeez, i'm so shallow. But seriously, this is the nicest thing I've ever owned, so wouldn't YOU be upset????

Love to you all.

1 comment:

sharna said...

Bugger about your migraine babe!! I bet it was a fantastic night! Good luck with the big adventure and I would be spewing too if I had to leave my ring behind too!! Love ya lots S xxx