Thursday, September 27, 2007

The best times....

On recommendation from Renu, tonight Tom and I visited the Habitat Centre, a centre for Culture and the Arts in Delhi, to see a Katak dance performance. It was incredible. The 2 hour show was amazingly choreographed (with up to 5 dancers on stage at a time all in perfect unison) and the musical accompaniment was astounding. I've never seen anything like it but it was truly incredible.

The themes, earth, wind, fire, water and space, were well matched with the dancing and costumes and, whilst I know nothing about dancing, it seemed to me one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen!

Thank you Renu, for your recommendation.

Tomorrow, we board a train for Bikaner, in the state of Rajasthan, to see the sights. Rajasthan, for those who don't recognise the name, is the region where they do a lot of camel treks and you can see the Blue and Pink cities. I can't wait. A rough itinerary (for mum to keep track of us) is: 27th Bikaner, 29th Jaisalmer, 2nd Jodphur, 4th Jaipur, 6th Agra (don't worry Nat, I'll get that picture!) and 9th back to Delhi to stay with the Malhotras for another couple of days.

Sorry for the lack of photos - these guys have a Mac and I'm finding it difficult to download. I'll pop some on CD soon and start uploading some asap.

Love hearing from you guys, so if anyone wants to send an email, karen_lewis79@yahoo.com.au or tomthepom@hotmail.co.uk

Love to you all

Karen & Tom

No comments: